Sunday 15 June 2014

Book- Just Listen, Parfum

Hi!

Today I want to tell you about some books I'm reading at the moment, "Just Listen" written by Sarah Dessen and "Das Parfum" by Patrick Süskind (in German). I have to read "Das Parfum" for school but I already wanted to read it, unfortunately I never had time to do it.

"Just Listen" is about Annabel Greene, a girl who has it all. But this isn't true. Rumors are going around, and the source of them is no one else than Annabel's (ex-)bestfriend Sophie. But then she meets Owen, a guy who is always honest, and her life seems to get better.

"Das Parfum" (English title: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer) is a Story about Grenouille who has no scent, but he can discern odors, better than everyone else. Grenouille wants to make THE perfume, a perfume which can change people and give him the power of the humans.


As you can see on the pictures I'm also reading the new InStyle, my favourite magazine!



M favourite page of "Just Listen" p. 109 (shortened):
“So you're always honest," I said.
"Aren't you?"
"No," I told him. "I'm not."
"Well, that's good to know, I guess."
"I'm not saying I'm a liar," I told him. He raised his eyebrows. "That's not how I meant it, anyways."
"How'd you mean it, then?"
"I just...I don't always say what I feel."
"Why not?"
"Because the truth sometimes hurts," I said.
"Yeah," he said. "So do lies, though.”

No comments:

Post a Comment